Born to a poor, landless farmer in the month of the monsoon rains, twins Zara and Tara grow up amongst the fields of wheat and cotton in a remote village in Pakistan. During an afternoon spree of games, Tara is kidnapped from the fields and raped. All seems to be resolved after her parents accept an unexpected marriage proposal for their "dishonoured" daughter. But the nightmare resurfaces when a newspaper clipping emerges calling the union into question.
Determined to rescue her twin Zara embarks on a harrowing quest for justice, battling keepers of culture that uphold propriety above all else and braving the unknown dangers of an urban centre.
Set in the early 1980s against the backdrop of martial law and social turmoil, Beyond the Fields is a riveting, timely look at the profound inequality and traditions that disempower women in our world and survival as a dance to the beat of a different future..
Publisher: Lightstone Publishers
Number of pages: 296
Beyond the Fields by Pakistani Author Aysha Baqir at Chapters Online Bookstore in Pakistan.
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.