A mujahid's child with his Christian lover is being brought up by a Hindu vegetable vendor. A globe-trotting professor and a mushaira-loving Urdu editor cope with cultural and ideological barriers in a tale of star-crossed lovers. The first and second wives of a businessman hatch a diabolic plot to prevent their husband from taking a new wife. A painter's unusual bond with his dead mother plays havoc with his personal life.
The characters in this collection of stories range from feudal landowners and a conscience-stricken talib to metropolitan beggars, frustrated housewives and women defiantly striking out on their own. Exploring themes of ambition, iniquity and individual yearnings, Irshad AbdulKadir offers a fascinating glimpse into contemporary Pakistani society.
Publisher: Sama Books
Number of pages: 224
Dimensions: 195 x 130 x 14mm
Discover more books about Pakistan at Chapters.
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.