Journey back in time and take a walk through the historic streets of the world's greatest cities.
Great City Maps is the companion title to DK's Great Maps and takes a focused look at over 70 gorgeously illustrated historical maps and plans of cities around the globe. Dive into the detail of each beautiful map and learn about interesting features with visual tours of the maps' highlights - such as the Old London Bridge of London in 1572 and the orchards of Brooklyn in 1767 New York.
Cities are centres of civilisation and the way their maps portray them reflects their politics, religion, and culture. See how certain cities, and cartographic techniques, changed over time. More than just a bird's-eye-view, this unputdownable book tells the tales behind the cities from the hubs of ancient peoples to modern mega-cities, and profiles the iconic cartographers and artists who created each map.
Perfect for history, geography, and cartography enthusiasts and a stunning gift for armchair explorers of all ages, Great City Maps is your window into the world's most fascinating cities.
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 1646 g
Dimensions: 309 x 261 x 22 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.