Syed Zahid Hasnain joined the Indian Mercantile Marine Training Ship, Dufferin, at Bombay in 1935 as an engineer cadet. Six years later, he joined the Royal Indian Navy as a Sub-Lieutenant, and thereafter had an extraordinary career.
After serving at sea, Hasnain built and commanded PNS Karsaz, first at Manora, and twice at its present site. He also served as the head of the Technical Services at Naval Headquarters. He subsequently held the positions of Director General Ports and Shipping, and Managing Director Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works.
In 1969 Hasnain was promoted to Rear Admiral, becoming the first technical officer to reach this high rank. He was awarded the Sitara-i-Khidmat medal for his services in the 1965 War, and is the recipient of the French Légion d'honneur.
Also available in paperback.
Publisher: Sama Editorial and Publishing Services
Number of pages: 284
Dimensions: 151 x 229 x 20 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.