Following the Indus and its tributaries through the ages to present times, Kamal Azfar shows how Pakistan is a mirror to the ancient Indus Valley Civilisation. He argues that the territories that now constitute the country are not an accident of history, but form a natural, political and federal union with an economy that is tied to Sapt Sindh, the 'Land of the Seven Rivers.'
Linking the first seven decades of Pakistan to the history and geography of the land, this book includes chapters on the Indus and its tributaries, its bards and writers, its folk tales, poetry and mysticism, and connects it all to the creation of the country, its economy, and the concept of bilateralism as the keystone of foreign policy.
Publisher: Sama Editorial and Publishing Services
Number of pages: 300
Discover more books about Pakistan at Chapters.
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.