Tin Tin's Snowy, Odysseus's Argos, Darwin's Polly, Mary Queen of Scots's 22 lap-dogs, Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Flush... Behind every great man or woman is a dog.¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
A Dictionary of Interesting and Important Dogs is a rich compendium of the world's most significant and beloved dogs. Embracing the intriguing and the provocative, the essential and the trivial, Peter J. Conradi forays into history, literature and personal anecdotes to unearth a treasure trove of canine characters.¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Discover the stories behind Karl Marx's and his daughter's Dogberry Club; the lapdogs who were secreted in first-class cabins on the Titanic and how they survived; Edinburgh's Greyfriars Bobby who stayed by his master's grave for 14 years; and the one undisputed fact about Shakespeare - his singular dislike for dogs.¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
A Dictionary of Interesting and Important Dogs is a wonderful and witty homage to man's most faithful friend.
Publisher: Short Books Ltd¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 224¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Weight: 320 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Dimensions: 202 x 136 x 26 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.