Beyond the Bump is a thoughtful and practical guide that aims to help new mums feel calm, confident and equipped to face the physical, emotional and mental hurdles they may encounter post-birth.
Clinical psychologist Sally Shepherd understands that a healthy and happy parent is a baby's most important asset. But the first year postpartum can be very challenging. Women must grapple with a whole new existence, and going from 'me' to 'we' can be terrifying for new mums. Sally hadn't expected to struggle during this time, so it came as a big surprise when she did. As they say, you don't know what you don't know, and it turns out Sally didn't know much at all! She had more extensive training for her first job at KFC than she did for the 'job' of being a mum!
Beyond the Bump is a book that focuses on mothers. Sally has combined her personal and professional experiences, along with clinical research, to create this much-needed resource. Covering rage, relationships, nutrition, identity and returning to work, it is a kind, considered an essential companion for any new mum.
Publisher: Allen & Unwin¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 336¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Weight: 450 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Dimensions: 230 x 150 x 20 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.