With more than 1 in 10 new parents experiencing post-natal depression and anxiety, and after suffering the traumatic birth of her son, and herself being diagnosed with post-natal anxiety and birth trauma, Anna Williamson uncovers the real thoughts, feelings and behaviours that many of us experience in those first few weeks and months after becoming a parent.
From `I'm struggling to love my baby' to `I miss my old life' and `Will I ever feel like "me" again?' to `I'm anxious about having sex' this book will help new parents cope with the often taboo topics that we ALL encounter.
A therapist in your pocket, meaning you don't have to face one of life's most momentous experiences alone, or fear being judged of the weird and often worrying irrational thoughts that plague our frazzled minds.Mental health for new mums (and dads) is a thing -- a big thing - and it's time we all stopped suffering in silence. It takes time to adjust to this new identity and role - whether it's making new friends, coping with changing relationships, breast and bottle feeding anxiety, going back to work worries, or the whole shift being a new parent poses mentally.
Breaking Mum and Dad is a little pocket guide of empathy, sympathy and above all, hope.
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 290 g
Dimensions: 216 x 135 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.