What is feminism? Combining insightful text with punchy illustrations, this indispensable book for young adults answers this important question with clarity, urgency, and conviction.
Feminism is... tackles more than 50 intriguing and relevant topics, such as "Are all people equal?", "Do boys and girls learn the same things?" and "Can men be feminists?" Find out what equality for women really means, get a short history of feminism, and take a look at the issues that affect women at work, in the home, and around sex and identity.
Along the way you will learn about some great women, such as Gloria Steinem, Frida Kahlo, and Malala Yousafzai, "rebel girls" who refused to accept the status quo of their day and blazed a trail for others to follow. In the foreword, you will also meet Gemma Cairney, the multi-award-winning broadcaster, author, and activist.¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
A lively and accessible book for teens on the history, pioneers, and the daily reality of feminism today, Feminism is... is empowering, engaging, and vital reading.
"A terrific book" - Dermot O'Leary on BBC Radio 2
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 465 g
Dimensions: 234 x 185 x 11 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.