This book opens an exciting archive of fashion illustration by Francis Marshall (1901-1980), whose career coincided with the golden age of fashion illustration and hand-drawn commercial art of the 1930s-1950s. For much of the 20th century, Marshall was one of Britain's most prolific and highly regarded fashion illustrators; his work was published widely, in Vogue and the DailyMail, and in advertising for Jaeger, Fortnum and Mason, Liberty, and Elizabeth Arden, as well as in his own books. During WWII, he worked for the British Navy's camouflage unit, famous for its ingenious feats of deception. Later he became known for the 200 covers he illustrated for the romantic fiction of prolific author Dame Barbara Cartland. This new book shines a light on this mostly forgotten master, at a time when fashion illustration is very much in style.
Publisher: V & A Publishing¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 160¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Weight: 470 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Dimensions: 250 x 186 x 18 mm
Discover more Fashion & Lifestyle books online in Pakistan on Chapters.
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.