Haunting, uplifting, beautiful: the final work from Helen Dunmore ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬® who passed away in June 2017 ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬® Girl, Balancing is a remarkable legacy from one of the finest authors of her generation.
In stories that shine with her trademark imagination and gift for making history human, Dunmore explores the fragile ties between passion, love, family, friendship and grief, often through people facing turning points in their lives.
A girl alone, stretching her meagre budget to feed herself, becomes aware that the young man who has come to see her may not be as friendly as he seems.
Two women from very different backgrounds enjoy an unusual night out, finding solace in laughter and an unexpected friendship.
A young man picks up his infant son and goes outside into a starlit night as he makes a decision that will inform the rest of his life.
A woman imprisoned for her religion examines her faith in a seemingly literal and quietly original way.
This brilliant collection of Helen Dunmore's short fiction, replete with her penetrating insight into the human condition, is a generous and moving swansong from a much-loved author, a final gift to her readers.
Number of pages: 384¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Weight: 499 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.