A radical, evidence-based new vision for healing.
Forty-five per cent of adults experience chronic health problems, such as back pain, headaches, fatigue, obesity, diabetes, dementia, and depression. These illnesses rarely respond to conventional medicine alone, progressing in almost all cases. Yet in his almost 40 years as a doctor and health researcher, Wayne Jonas has helped many of his patients to recover.
Now he can help you, too.
How Healing Works reveals that only 20 per cent of healing comes from medicine or surgery, while 80 per cent depends on other factors - a patient's physical environment, their lifestyle, their values, and more. It offers practical advice on working with your doctor to construct a personal, integrative plan for healing and offers examples of what this might look like. The key to success is finding out what works for you - whether this is conventional medicine, complementary therapies, or something else entirely.
This is not the argument that you can simply 'think yourself' better. Rather, it uses case studies and rigorous scientific research to show how, if you understand how healing really works, you can take greater control of your recovery, increase the likelihood that any treatment will be effective, prevent many of the diseases of ageing, and significantly reduce your dependence on the medicine. Buy online at Chapters bookstore in Pakistan.
Publisher: Scribe Publications
Number of pages: 336
Dimensions: 234 x 153 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.