First symptoms of depression often occur during teenage years, and it can be a disturbing and confusing time for families as well as the teenager themselves. How can you tell whether it's just typical teenage ups and downs that will pass, or something more serious? How can we reliably identify and support teenagers with depression?Experienced clinician and researcher Gordon Parker explains how to systematically identify different mood disorders and contributing factors. He and co-author Kerrie Eyers explain when clinical treatment is required and outline treatment options. They also discuss the particular challenges faced by adolescents and approaches to effective management.Drawing on insightful personal accounts from teenagers and young adults about their experiences, and based on extensive clinical research, this is an essential handbook for every parent, carer or professional looking after a young person with depression.'At last, a sensible, well-written and incisive description of the most common psychiatric disorder in young people: depression.'Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, prominent adolescent psychologist and author 'A "must" read for parents and for professionals.' Professor Sir Michael Rutter, Institute of Psychiatry, London'It's a map to the maze for us as we attempt to understand the journey we are required to take with the one we love.'Parent www.blackdoginstitute.org.au
Publisher: Allen & Unwin¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 240¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Weight: 226 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Dimensions: 198 x 128 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.