Sleep plays a crucial role in our waking lives, and we need to start paying it more attention. The latest research tells us that it's essential for learning and memory, for mental health and physical well-being, and yet we tend to only think about it when it's proving a struggle. Nodding Off leads you on a fascinating journey through the science of sleep as it evolves throughout our lives. Professor Alice Gregory shares real-life stories and interviews with other sleep experts to find the answers to questions, such as: Why do so many adolescents enjoy lying in at the weekends? Why do children experiencing anxiety, behavioural problems or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder so often have co-occurring sleep problems? Why are scientists turning to sleep disorders such as sleep paralysis to try to understand paranormal experiences? With important tips on improving your sleep, Nodding Off is an essential read for anyone who sleeps, and more important still for those who don't get enough. Fans of Matthew Walker's Why We Sleep will love this book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 304
Weight: 330 g¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.