‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§If you've ever thought that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, or that men don't listen and women can't read maps, this book is for you.‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬• ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬® Financial Times
Testosterone Rex is the powerful myth that squashes hopes of sex equality by telling us that men and women have evolved different natures.
Fixed in an ancestral past that rewarded competitive men and caring women, these differences are supposedly re-created in each generation by sex hormones and male and female brains. Testosterone, so we're told, is the very essence of masculinity, and biological sex is a fundamental force in our development. Not so, says psychologist Cordelia Fine, who shows, with wit and panache, that sex doesn't create male and female natures.
Instead, sex, hormones, culture and evolution work together in ways that make past and present gender dynamics only a serving suggestion for the future - not a recipe.
Testosterone Rex brings together evolutionary science, psychology, neuroscience and social history to move beyond old `nature versus nurture' debates, and to explain why it's time to unmake the tyrannical myth of Testosterone Rex.
Publisher: Icon Books Ltd¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Number of pages: 256¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†
Dimensions: 198 x 129 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.