Have we completely missed the point of the modern western revolution in the arts? Hugh Moss thinks so, and here he presents a refreshingly original and thought-provoking new approach to understanding art. It not only makes sense of western art over the past century or more, but applies equally to the art of any culture at any time, all within one enlightening framework that, well ... works. This new perspective is impossible to ignore - a theory that places art right at the centre of the evolution of human consciousness, as a key driver of the process. Argued with intelligence, panache and wit, The Art of Understanding Art provides a delightfully entertaining read that will change the way you think about and look at art, whether you are a collector (or would like to be), a connoisseur, an academic, a student or of course an artist (or would like to be). It is illustrated with intriguing skill, depth and humour by Peter Suart.
Publisher: Profile Books Ltd
Number of pages: 184
Weight: 394 g
Dimensions: 206 x 137 x 21 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.