Until now, popular science has relegated the atom to a supporting role in defining the different chemical elements of the periodic table. This bold new title places its subject center stage, shining the spotlight directly onto the structure and properties of this tiniest amount of anything it is possible to identify. The book covers a huge range of topics, including the development of scientific thinking about the atom, the basic structure of the atom, how the interactions between atoms account for the familiar properties of everyday materials; the power and mystery of the atomic nucleus, and what the mysterious quantum realm of subatomic particles and their interactions can tell us about the very nature of reality. Sparkling text banishes an outdated world of dull chemistry, as it brightly introduces the reader to what everything is made of and how it all works, on the most fundamental level.
Publisher: The Ivy Press
Number of pages: 192
Dimensions: 240 x 210 mm
- All our books are genuine. Chapters does not endorse media piracy.
- The product image may vary slightly from the actual product due to photography and lighting conditions or different product editions.
- All prices, discounts and offers are valid at the time of placing the order and are subject to change without prior notice.
- A standard shipping rate of Rs 250 applies to all orders delivered within Pakistan. Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Your order will be shipped within 3 business days of being placed.
- Please select carefully. Chapters only offers refunds or exchanges if the item you receive is different from the one you ordered or is reasonably damaged.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed within this product are those of the authors, and not of Chapters or any individual employed by Chapters.